Core Reference Skills
Upon completion the participant will:
- Demonstrate the skills utilized in providing Reference Service
- Recognize how to demonstrate Reference Service skills to users
- Identify barriers to the reference interview
- Develop techniques to reinforce reference skills
- Select basic reference sources to use with patrons
Public service staff in academic and public libraries as well as librarians new to reference services.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- This course requires individual participation and homework assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 140.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 175.00|