Welcome to Amigos Library Services, a non-profit, 501(c)3 member-based organization, with a mission to unite libraries in service to their communities. Amigos is one of the largest consortia of libraries in the nation, providing continuing education, discounted services from leading vendors, courier service, association management, and more.
Membership with Amigos Library Services offers:
- Access to the latest innovations and services in the library community
- Opportunities for continuing professional education
- Maximum leverage in our buying power
Benefits of Amigos Library Services Membership
Amigos Library Services provides a full range of programs and services designed specifically to help your library or cultural heritage institution. Members also have access to a variety of no charge benefits including:
- Online Conferences exploring topics of current interest to the library community are regularly scheduled throughout the year and available at no charge to the staff of Amigos Library Services member institutions. Amigos Annual Member Conference includes an essential Member Update and Amigos Library Services Board Elections.
- Know & Go Sessions are 60-minute informational sessions covering topics of current interest and available on most Mondays at no charge to Amigos members.
- Membership in the NISO Library Standards Alliance, allowing libraries to support community access to NISO standards, participate in NISO Working Groups/Standing Committees, and free or discounted registration for NISO events.
- RDA Toolkit Subscriptions for a single simultaneous user are offered to Amigos members free of charge. Additional simultaneous users are available at discounted rates when ordered through Amigos.
- Discount Direct enables members to order library supplies and services directly from vendors at negotiated discounts.
- The Job Bank allows Amigos Library Services members the opportunity to post their open positions for free.
- Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements enable no-charge resource sharing, saving time and money, among agreement signers.
Membership fees are based on a library's most recent operating budget data as published by the National Center for Education Statistics, the Institute of Museum and Library Services or a state library or as self-reported by the organization to Amigos. Operating budget is defined as the total of all costs involved in supporting library or information services and operations for a 12-month period. The operating budget includes all expenses, regardless of funding source.
Membership with Amigos Library Services is open to libraries of all types, museums, and information centers in all locations. To begin your membership today, complete our inquiry form, or send us an email.