Know & Go: The Art of the Reference Interview
Whether as a refresher or an introduction, this Know &Go session details the art of the reference interview, including the behaviors of reference service providers, the steps for conducting an effective interview, strategies for when a transaction goes wrong, and tips to assess interactions.
- Understanding behavioral characteristics of reference services providers
- Conducting a well-crafted reference interview
- Employing strategies to correct a reference interaction gone wrong
- Assessing a reference interaction for quality assurance
Reference services providers in all library types
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minimum requirements page.
This course consists of a one 1-hour session.
Instructor: Jodie Borgerding - email@example.com
August 22, 2022
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT