Metadata Principles and Practices 02: Metadata Standards and Types
- Understand the roles of schemas and DTDs in defining tags, attributes and structures used in defining metadata standards
- List types of metadata and their roles in:
- describing resources
- defining rights and controlling access to resources
- providing access to resources
- preserving and maintaining resources
Catalogers, archivists digital project managers or anyone needing an overview of metadata.
Metadata Principles and Practices: Metadata Basics or knowledge of rules for well-formed XML
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Course requirements: attend live online session or view recording; complete assignment on researching a current metadata standard on the web.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
10:30 am - 12:30 pm CST
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 95.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 130.00|