Library Management for Beginners: Managing from the Middle
Middle managers are the liaisons between their employees and library administrators. Apropos to their title, these managers may feel caught in the middle as they attempt to hear and listen to both sides and adapt. A manager’s ability to successfully work with administration as well as foster a rapport with their direct reports is a crucial driver of success in libraries. This course is designed to help the first-time library manager gain a foundation to successfully manage from the middle.
- Identify the key relationships that impact middle managers
- Define the main challenges faced by middle managers
- Formulate strategies to build relationships and establish workplace balance
- Determine tactics to gain senior management’s confidence
- Analyze common mistakes made by the new library manager
New or experienced managers in any type of library
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Students will participate in class discussion and complete individual assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 2
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 70.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 105.00|