Media Literacy in Libraries
Librarians and staff will benefit from learning how to interpret media messages and their effect on individuals and society by applying media literacy theory and practices. Attendees will also learn how to pass this knowledge on to patrons and colleagues to help them better evaluate media.
Learning objectives for this session include:
- Defining media literacy and the framework for interpreting media messages
- Evaluating various forms of media to verify the validity and credibility of the information reported
- Developing programs, services, and other opportunities to teach patrons and colleagues about media literacy
Attendees should have familiarity with Web browsers and the Internet. Basic HTML experience is preferred.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Approximately one hour of homework will be required.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minimum requirements page.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Contact Hours: 2
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Fee||$95.00|