Media Literacy in Libraries
In this course, designed for librarians and staff, you will learn how to interpret media messages and their effect on individuals and society by applying media literacy theory and practices. You will also learn how to pass this knowledge on to your patrons and colleagues to help them better evaluate media.
- Define media literacy and the framework for interpreting media messages
- Evaluate various forms of media to verify the validity and credibility of the information reported
- Develop programs, services, and other opportunites to teach patrons and colleagues about media literacy
Attendees should have familiarity with Web browsers and the Internet. Basic HTML experience is preferred.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Approximately one hour of homework will be required.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed requirements page for in-depth information.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 2
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 95.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 155.00|