Event Planning 101
This course will cover the roles and mindset of the event planner and the planning process. We will also discuss event management, budgeting, evaluation, and how to be prepared for if or when things go wrong. Lastly, we will look at tools that you may utilize during the event planning process.
Learning objectives for this session include:
- Understand the role of the event planner and the mindset necessary to oversee successful event coordination.
- Develop an event planning process that incorporates budgeting, project management, risk management, communication and evaluation tools.
- Identify the various event elements (food and beverage, design, site selection, etc.) and how to cost-effectively employ them.
- Employ strategies to solve event issues such as logistics, technology, etc.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Approximately one hour of homework will be required each day.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minimum requirements page.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Contact Hours: 4
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Fee||$ 165.00|
|Non-member Fee||$ 220.00|