Planning for Technology
The phrase "technology plan" is nothing new for the library world. Although the structure of the technology plan itself has not changed much over the years, the planning piece has. With such rapid changes in technology, how do you plan 5 years in the future, much less 3? Or even 1? You may find yourself asking why you even need a technology plan and where you will find the time to create one.
To top off these uncertainties, there are other considerations such as resources, including staff time and money, as well as the changing interests and understanding of your patron base, that have to be taken into consideration. This course will discuss the components of a technology plan, identify technology and network assessment tools, and discuss developing a technology planning team.
- Discuss the need for a technology plan
- Identify components of a technology plan
- Evaluate technology and network assessment tools
- Discuss developing a technology planning team
- Share resources for creating a technology plan
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Students will participate in class discussion and complete individual assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
This course consists of two 2-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CST
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 195.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 220.00|