Amigos Announces Candidates for election to the Amigos Board of Directors
The Amigos Library Services Nominating Committee has announced the slate of candidates for election in May to the Amigos Library Services Board of Directors. Candidate and voting information will be sent to the designated Voting Representatives of Amigos’ member institutions as part of an upcoming Call to Meeting.
The Amigos Nominating Committee's slate of candidates includes candidates for three Board of Directors positions elected from among representatives of the organization's member institutions ("Member Directors") and a candidate to be elected from among persons who have been active in civic, private, or institutional leadership ("Independent Directors").
Candidates for Board of Directors (Member Directors) – three to be elected for a three-year term:
- Dr. Lea Briggs, Department Administrator, University of New Mexico Libraries, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Dr. Shannon Bennett Hausinger, Director -Student Learning Resource Center (SLRC) Lone Star College-University Park, Houston, Texas
- Ms. Tracey Mendoza, Dean of Libraries, University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, Texas
- Dr. Larry Nash White, Executive Director, Metropolitan Library System, Oklahoma City, Okla.
Candidate for Board of Directors (Independent Director) – one to be elected for a three-year term:
- Mr. Ronnie Williams, Vice President for Student Services and Institutional Diversity (retired), University of Central Arkansas, Conway, Ark.
The Amigos Board of Directors expresses its thanks to the Nominating Committee.