Got questions? We have answers to all your training and workshop questions. Just click on a subject heading below. For further assistance contact Amigos Training Support, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area).
Registration - (show FAQ's)
- What is Early Bird registration? The Early Bird registration deadline is 5:00 p.m. 22 days prior to a scheduled regional session, and entitles the registrant to receive a $25 discount off the regular registration fee.
- How can I register? You will find information regarding fees for each session with its description and registration link on the current training schedule.
- How will I know if I am officially registered? Official class confirmations are sent via email once the registration is processed. If you have any questions, or have not received your class confirmation, email us at email@example.com.
- How will I be notified of a session's location? Your official confirmation will include location details. For online classes, you will receive the URL and your login credentials. If you have any questions, or have not received your login details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about cancellations? Workshops may be canceled due to too low registration or inclement weather. If a workshop is canceled, you will be notified and your fees refunded. Due to the last-minute nature of some cancellations, we ask that you provide us a home phone number. We will of course be happy to work with you to reschedule a session.
- Can I cancel my registration and receive a refund? Refunds will be issued for cancellations received at least 24 hours before a session. You may cancel your registration by sending an email to email@example.com or calling Amigos Training Support, 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area). If you call outside regular business hours, please leave a message on the voice mail system.
- What is the maximum number of staff I can send from my library? In most cases, we do not limit registrants from one library. In situations where space is limited, we will notify you by the Early Bird registration deadline if limits are necessary.
- Can I get on a waiting list if a session is full? Yes. We accept registrations on an as-received basis. When a session is full, we will automatically add your name to our waiting list and notify you immediately if space becomes available.
- When should I make travel plans? Make travel plans only after you receive your email confirmation. If you must make them before confirmation is received, contact Amigos Training Support, 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area), or firstname.lastname@example.org, to ensure no changes have been made to the schedule.
- Who do I contact with questions about Amigos' training? Contact Amigos Training Support, 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area), or email@example.com, with any questions about Amigos' training.
On-Request Training - (show FAQ's)
- What is On-request training? Amigos will provide a private training session, either online or face-to-face, for your library or local group designed specifically to meet your needs. On-request training is an effective way to meet your organization’s training needs. The face-to-face option is an economical way to train staff without incurring costly travel expenses for each participant. The online option offers even more savings. You also may join with other libraries in your area to split the fees and expenses.
- What is the difference between on-request and regional training? Live (online or face-to-face) training sessions are listed on the Amigos training calendar and widely announced. Live training registration is open to individuals in Amigos member and non-member institutions. On-request training is a privately scheduled session for a single institution or group.
- How do I request a session? Contact Amigos Training Support, 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area), or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will directed to the appropriate trainer.
- How much notice is necessary to schedule on-request sessions? Amigos will make every effort to meet your request. We can generally schedule sessions with six weeks notice. We honor requests on a first come, first served basis.
- How many people can attend my on-request training session? Minimum and maximum numbers of students depend on a variety of factors including space, availability of equipment and materials, and design of instructional activities. For hands-on computer classes, the number of computer workstations available for the class will determine the maximum number of students up to a maximum of twenty (20). The limit per workstation is two students. Live-online sessions will be limited to instructional requirements or the number of seats available.
- What is the fee for on-request training? Contact Amigos Training Support at email@example.com for pricing.
- What is included in the fee? The fee includes the trainer’s time and his or her travel expenses (face-to-face courses only) and up to 20 participant packets. Additional packets may be purchased for $10 each when requested in conjunction with a workshop. Materials will be shipped to your library ten days in advance of the session.
- What expenses will be charged to my library? For all imaging and preservation courses, actual travel expenses will be charged to your library. In addition, for some imaging and preservation courses, Amigos will charge for shipping workshop supplies such as a scanner or book repair supplies, and require that the institution handle charges for the return shipment to Amigos.
- Can my library request training through Amigos for courses taught by adjunct trainers? Yes. For courses taught by adjunct trainers, on-request policies and fees will vary.
- What is an adjunct trainer? As part of Amigos' continuing efforts to bring you a diverse variety of training opportunities, we look to expert trainers in certain fields and contract with them to develop and present training for libraries and other cultural heritage institutions.
Live Online Policies - (show FAQ's)
The Amigos live online experience is designed for single individuals per computer interacting with other geographically dispersed individuals in the virtual classroom. Only the individual who is officially enrolled, or a designated substitute, will receive the benefits of registration, which include:
- A password to access readings, assignments, and other student materials
- Access to the course for review purposes for six weeks following completion of course
- Review of assignments by the instructor
- A certificate of completion for Live Online sessions, not for Know & Go sessions
- Technical support
Substitutions are permitted. Please Contact Amigos Training Support, 800-843-8482, ext. 2829 (972-851-8000 in the Dallas area), or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the session with the substitute participant's name.
Amigos will record live online sessions. Amigos will record your live online session and make the recording available as streaming content to you and your participants for a six-week lesson review period. Amigos also may use all or parts of your recorded session for instructional quality review and as a preview demonstration for potential students or collaborative partners. By logging onto the session in which you have enrolled, you agree to participate in a recorded session that may be used for these purposes.
Request a private, live online session to train several staff on a topic
If you have several staff in need of training on a topic, your institution may request a private live online session by contacting email@example.com.
For the most effective learning experience
Each participant should have access to a computer with speakers and a microphone or a mobile device: