Amigos Continuing Education Training Schedule
Contact the Amigos Office at 800-843-8482 or 972-851-8000 for information on registration and on-request policies and fees. If you have questions about the training schedule, please call the Amigos Support Desk at 800-843-8482 or e-mail email@example.com. You may also want to visit our catalog.
Early Bird Discount: For regularly scheduled Amigos courses, when
you register 22 days prior to the scheduled date, you will be eligible for a $25 discount on
your registration fee. This applies to both Amigos members and non-members.
Registration for Live Online courses will close one week prior to their start date.
Self-Paced Courses - For self-paced courses, please visit the catalog.
* NOTE About Times: All times listed are local to their site's location. Amigos' online
workshops are relative to the Amigos office in Dallas, TX (Central Time).
Compare your local time with the Amigos office.
Interested in a course not currently scheduled? Is there a topic you are interested in that is not currently covered? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We can let you know when the next offering of a course will be and if we receive enough interest in a course we will try to schedule a session sooner. We also use your input to help guide our course development.
|Date(s)||Time*||Title||Location||Site||Early Bird Deadline||Register|
|5/28/2013 - 6/6/2013||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||PHP Basics*
(*Meets twice a week)
|5/28/2013 - 5/30/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||We Are Family: Barnes & Noble E-readers, Tablets and Apps*
|6/3/2013||1:30 PM - 2:30 PM||Know & Go: Dealing with Non-Traditional Library Materials||Online||Virtual Classroom||N/A|
|6/4/2013 - 6/7/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Cataloging with RDA||Online||Virtual Classroom||5/13/2013|
|6/4/2013||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||We Are Family: Apple (iOS) E-reading Devices and Apps||Online||Virtual Classroom||5/13/2013|
|6/11/2013 - 6/20/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Cataloging & Classification Basics*
(*Meets on various days)
|6/11/2013 - 6/14/2013||1:00 PM - 2:30 PM||Everything You Always Wanted to Know About ILL But Were Too Busy to Ask||Online||Virtual Classroom||5/20/2013|
|6/11/2013 - 6/13/2013||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||We Are Family: Amazon Kindle E-readers, Tablets and Apps*
|6/12/2013 - 6/19/2013||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Core Reference Skills*
|6/18/2013 - 6/20/2013||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||E-book Collection Development for Public & Academic Libraries*
(*Meets twice a week)
|6/25/2013 - 6/27/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Free E-books - Where They Are and How to Download Them*
|7/9/2013 - 7/11/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||E-books: From Policy Implementation to Marketing and Evaluation*
|7/16/2013 - 7/19/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Cataloging with RDA||Online||Virtual Classroom||6/24/2013|
|8/27/2013 - 8/30/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Cataloging with RDA||Online||Virtual Classroom||8/5/2013|
|10/8/2013 - 10/11/2013||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Cataloging with RDA||Online||Virtual Classroom||9/16/2013|
Live Online System Requirements
- Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32-bit edition, or 64-bit edition with 32-bit browser)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise (32-bit edition, or 64-bit edition with 32-bit browser)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2
- Mac OS X v10.5 (No Adobe Connect Add-in), 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- OpenSUSE 11.3
- Chrome OS (No Adobe Connect Add-in)
- Supported Browsers
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Additional Requirements
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Network connections via dial-up (56Kbps) may work. However, be advised that you will likely experience difficulties at that rate. A minimum of 256Kbps (512Kbps recommended) is strongly urged for participants.
- Speakers or headphones attached to your computer
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended) Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7 Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
Please visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for a more in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
A microphone or headset with microphone is recommended, but not required. Students without a microphone contribute to conversations through text chat.
For more information about the technical requirements, contact Brian Schmidt at Amigos,
email@example.com or 800-843-8482 (972-851-8000 in
the Dallas area) ext. 2886.