Web Services Librarian -- State Library of Oregon -- Salem, OR
Initial Posting Date: 01/13/2022
Application Deadline: 01/31/2022
Agency: Oregon State Library
Salary Range: $4,331 - $6,645
Position Type: Employee
Position Title: Web Services Librarian
Apply here: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem-...
Opportunity Awaits, Apply Today! – Web Services Librarian
As the Web Services Librarian, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating the library’s online presence in support of state government, providing technical expertise needed for the integration and support of user-facing library systems and applications. This essential work includes providing reference and information services to library patrons from state agencies and the public. You will organize and develop web-based resources and services, support the library’s integrated library system (ILS), and serve as the library’s representative on the state E-Governance board. For a full review of the position duties, details, and working conditions, please click here.
About the State Library of Oregon
Our mission: The State Library of Oregon cultivates, preserves, and delivers library and information services to foster lifelong learning and community engagement. The agency consists of four primary divisions that are passionately focused on the specialized services provided:
- Government Information and Library Services - Quality information services to assist state employees in the efficient performance of their jobs and in more effective decision making for state government.
- Library Support and Development Services - Leadership, grants, and other assistance to improve library service for all Oregonians.
- Operations - Agency’s administrative management functions such as board support, financial management, facilities management, volunteer management, information technology management, communications, and other administrative support services.
- The Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library - A free library for any Oregonian with a print disability, which includes visual, physical, and reading impairments.
What We Are Looking For
The State Library of Oregon is looking for an energetic self-starter with a master’s in library science (MLS) or equivalent degree from an American Library Association accredited institution; and experience in one or more specific library disciplines, as well as:
- Position Specific Experience & Background - Presentation skills; Ability to apply rules, standards, policies, and procedures; Ability to explain rules, policies, and procedures to library patrons.
- Communication & Teamwork - Communication skills at the professional level with experience providing high-quality written communications; Collaborative individual who is able to help their teammates navigate through system and organizational changes effectively and positively; Ability to work independently with little oversight, as well as in teams.
- Professionalism & Strong Work Ethic - Ability to work with individuals of diverse working styles and backgrounds; Ability to continuously learn and develop skills in a changing work environment; Excellent conflict management, diplomatic communication, and consulting skills; Ability to successfully work with a widely diverse group of individuals and tactfully gain cooperation of others.
- Research & Analysis - Performing research or answering reference inquiries; Web and interface usability testing; Gathering and evaluating relevant statistics.
- Document & Program Management Experience - Working with online government information and documents; Assessing and improving patron experience via analytics and usability testing; Creating and maintaining appropriate documentation; Improving cross-platform integration of online resources and services; Maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary design, coding, and accessibility standards.
The State of Oregon is requiring all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series by October 18, 2021 or six weeks after FDA approval of the vaccines, whichever is later, unless they receive a medical or religious accommodation. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit: State of Oregon Newsroom : NewsDetail : State of Oregon
Benefits of Joining Our Team
You will work with a great group of collaborative, fun-loving people who are dedicated to making Oregon a fantastic place to live, work, and play. This position is with the State Library of Oregon, and is located in Salem, Oregon.
Additional benefits include:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package.
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon.
- Get There - Oregon’s easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner.
- Live, work, and play in Salem, Oregon.
How to Apply
- Current State of Oregon employees - you must apply through your employee Workday account. At the time of application, please attach your current cover letter and resume.
- External Applicants - Please visit the State of Oregon job opportunities web-page to submit your application for the position, which includes your current cover letter and resume.
After You Apply
- Log in to your Workday account before the job announcement closes to see if you have any pending tasks or actions, and make sure to complete these tasks or actions before the job announcement closes. These can be found under the "My Applications" section.
- Be sure to check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
Want to Know More? Let Me Help!
- Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect place to display your interest in the position and highlight the skills and experience you will bring, making you the best candidate for the position. Submissions are screened for consistency of information and communication skills at the professional level (attention to detail, spelling, grammar, etc.).
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If the successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will reflect an additional 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details.
- Please save a copy of this job announcement for your reference, as it may not be available for you to view after the job closes. If you have questions about the job announcement, or need an alternate format to apply, please contact the Talent Acquisition Consultant, Phillip Peterkin at email@example.com | 971-701-1142
- Finalists will be subject to a computerized criminal history check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Agency does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete I-9 documentation and confirm authorization to work in the United States. If your employment authorization and documentation is contingent on sponsorship now or in the future, you will not meet Agency employment eligibility standards.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the following website: Veterans Resources, or call Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666 NOTE: If claiming veterans’ preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your "My Applications" section.
- Agency employees' are currently working remotely to the fullest extent possible due to the current health crisis. While working remotely, home internet connection and availability is required to perform duties appropriately. Remote working conditions are subject to change as necessary and/or required.
- If you are selected to move forward in this recruitment, please be aware that the hiring team may incorporate an assessment into the recruitment process. Additional details on the assessment will be sent to those who are eligible and selected to move forward.
- This announcement is for one, full-time, SEIU represented, permanent, Web Services Librarian (Classification: Librarian) position, and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
Helpful Links & Resources
- Oregon Job Opportunities Webpage | How to Set Job Alerts
- Workday Applicant FAQ | What You Need to Know to Get the Job
- Pay Equity Information & Resources
The State Library of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity. At the State Library of Oregon, we embody the value of hiring a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce revitalizes our state. We value diversity and foster a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.