Coordinator III, Academic Support -- Lone Star College -- Montgomery, TX
35659 Coordinator III, Academic Support
Purpose and Scope:
The Coordinator III, Academic Support plans, organizes and manages the day-to-day and some long-term operations of multiple service desks for the tutoring and library departments. Position ensures the provision of high-quality customer service to a diverse group of students, faculty, and public patrons in the use of academic support services and resources. Takes part in the planning, evaluation and improvement of programs and services, and makes recommendations for and leads the development of new public programs and services. Schedules, trains, and supervises part-time and full-time service desk staff. Communicates and collaborates with the Manager of Academic Support regarding general service desk policies and procedures and services. Collaborates with Librarians to provide circulation services.
- Hires, schedules, trains, and supervises full-time and part-time service desk staff, including work study and volunteers. Develops staff training programs and materials and ensures customer service standards are met.
- Oversees day-to-day and some long-term operations of department service desks in academic support locations around the LSC-Montgomery campus and its’ centers. Serves as a subject-matter expert and primary point of contact for the service desks.
- Maintains the service desk operations manual ensuring it is up to date at all times and all staff members are aware of any updates to operations
- Maintains service desks’ usage statistics, and creates and submits unit assessment reports to leadership to support their decision-making process
- Reviews, evaluates, analyzes integrated activities and makes recommendations for service improvements and implementation to the Manager of Academic Support Services
- Implements institutional policies and procedures related to library and access services
- Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of periodicals and collection changes. Oversees collection maintenance and item processing for all library collections, including assisting in resolving inventory issues and reporting inventory results for library collection development purposes
- Maintains knowledge of the Workflows Acquisitions module, pertinent iStar modules, and customer account databases of primary vendors
- Organizes, monitors and maintains department supplies and equipment needs; maintains and troubleshoots the department computers, printers, and other technology
- Responsible for student IDs and employee Access card badges using ID Credentials
- Participates in department, college, and system-level meetings, committees, and task forces as needed.
- Plays a lead role in special projects as assigned by librarians.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Hiring salary range is $46,300 to $53,245 annually.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted using the information provided on your application by the hiring manager or committee member.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.