Upcoming Training Opportunities for SimplyE
For libraries that use SimplyE through Amigos Library Services, one of the perks is access to free training.
The app itself is meant to be intuitive and easy-to-learn for patrons searching for a library's ebooks and audiobooks. One of the training classes focuses on the patron experience and the rest concentrate on a library's customization of that experience, how to support patrons, and the different types of statistics available.
- SimplyE: App Interface & Searching – how the app works; tips that can help your patrons (hands-on)
- SimplyE: Roles & Library Configuration – identify specific roles for library staff; how to do basic configuration of the app for patrons (hands-on)
- SimplyE: Modifying Metadata – how to update metadata and subjects/categories; how to hide titles from public view (hands-on)
- SimplyE: Lists & Lanes – how to update or create lanes used by patrons to browse your ebooks (hands-on)
- SimplyE: Troubleshooting – understand how patrons contact your library for help through the app; how to troubleshoot issues and how to escalate issues to Amigos staff
- SimplyE: Statistics – overview of the 4 types of statistics available to libraries
Although it is helpful for workshop participants to work in a library using SimplyE, these classes are open for anyone to purchase. For the first class, everyone must have installed the SimplyE app on their mobile device. For the other 3 hands-on classes, we provide access for you.
We constantly look for ways to enhance the SimplyE experience for libraries, ensuring it continues to be worthwhile for them and for their patrons. In October 2021, we introduced a new training session: "SimplyE: How to Promote SimplyE in Your Library", which will be scheduled again in early 2022.
If you have questions about these trainings or about SimplyE, contact us at email@example.com.