Library Specialist -- Lamar University -- Beaumont, TX
Apply Here: https://jobs.lamar.edu/postings/9687
This position reports to the Head of Reference Services. Responsibilities include providing research services, participating and promoting Library outreach efforts, and working in partnership with librarians to develop and maintain finding aids (LibGuides). We are seeking someone with strong interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic, service-oriented, and interested in working in a highly collaborative, innovative, and diverse environment.
- Provides reference service by phone, email, chat service, and at library outreach events to patrons up to 20 hours per week.
- In partnership with unit librarians, creates and maintains finding aids (LibGuides) and multimedia platforms.
- Adding and developing digital content for the library’s social media platforms.
- Conducts library tours.
- Participate in library outreach and related events.
- Maintain inventory of outreach/training materials; unpack, check-in, and shelve materials.
- Develops a strong familiarity with library information resources and with the structure and operations of the library to better serve users.
- Assist in the plans, preparation, and maintains library displays, programs, and roving reference.
- Provide the Reference Department with administrative support, such as by answering, updating Outlook calendar, and typing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required. May be cross-trained to serve as a back-up in other library departments.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Library or information-related majors or education degrees are preferred.
- Teaching/training or library public service experience or relevant customer service experience preferred.
- Moderate computer skills, email, word-processing, database searching, and social media applications.