Patron Services Director -- North Dakota State Library -- Bismark, ND
Job ID: 3019133
Location: Bismarck, ND
Salary Range: From 4613.00 To 5000.00 Monthly
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Closing Date: 7/26/2021
Apply here: https://www.cnd.nd.gov/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SE...
Join our team of dedicated professionals at the State Library where we provide pathways to information and innovation by making connections, strengthening communities and enriching lives!
We offer a rewarding work environment, career development opportunities and an excellent benefit package, including a fully paid family health insurance plan, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, and voluntary insurance benefits including dental, vision and life insurance.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead the team of librarians and staff that serve our patrons with Reference, Circulation and InterLibrary Loan services as well as our Talking Books department that serves patrons with visual and physical disabilities.
Summary of Work
- Oversee all aspects of public services and Talking Books including scheduling, training and developing procedures
- Coordinate the staffing of the reference desk
- Track trends in library profession related to these areas and make recommendations of changes needed based on the trends
- Work the reference desk when scheduled and provide backup as needed
- Write articles that promote the services provided as well as sharing trends in public services with the library community
- Research new technologies to serve the visually and physically disabled patrons that use the service
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing and Outreach Specialists to promote the program to potential and existing patrons
- Prepare monthly stat reports for the division
- Prepare and submit all NLS required reports
- Serve on the agency's Executive Leadership Team
Partial telecommuting may be considered.
- MLIS/MIS/MLS from ALA accredited institution or equivalent
- 2 years of professional library experience
- 1 year of experience in a management role which included direct supervision of staff
- Experience with the development, evaluation and maintenance of programs, policies and procedures
- Experience with providing reference services / public services
- Experience with library technology and systems including Polaris and OCLC
- Ability to train staff on circulation, reference and reader's advisory
All applications for open State Library positions must be made via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All potential applicants must attach and / or upload the following documents in a .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- Cover letter that includes a brief description of applicant's background / qualifications
- Three work-related references
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State Library does not provide sponsorships.
Contact Krista Schulz, HR Manager at (701) 328-3298 or email@example.com for more information, accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.