Grants Support Specialist -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Library Development & Networking
Position Title: Grants Support Specialist - Temp through 09/30/2022
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00016007&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-17
Classification No: 1570/Program Specialist I
Job Posting No: 00016007
Monthly Salary: $3,100 - $3,400/Month
Date Job Available: August 15, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: Job Description - Grants Support Specialist - Temp Position (00016007) (taleo.net)
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields (No MOS) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Temporary Position through September 30, 2022
Supports the Library Development & Networking (LDN) Grants team by performing routine (journey level) consultative services and technical assistance work . Assists grant seekers and grantees with access to and use of the Grants Management System (GMS) web portal. Also assists the Grants team in maintaining and implementing the GMS. Assists with general administrative tasks as needed, including assistance to the Library Data Coordinator. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Assists grant seekers and grantees with access to and use of the GMS web portal
- Provides administrative support for Grants team
- Provides administrative support for division program managers
- Maintains and assists with divisional program web pages
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Graduation from high school or completion of HSE (High School Equivalency) exam plus
one year experience in technical support; six semester hours of college course work in computer programming, systems analysis or related may be substituted for one year of the above required experience.
- One year work experience writing and editing professional documents
- One year experience with data entry
- One year experience working with spreadsheets
- One year work experience providing customer service to the public
- Experience with web browsers and Windows applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to review and edit documents
- Ability to apply and explain project procedures, rules, and regulations to the public in a tactful manner
- Ability to perform visual activities requiring prolonged attention to detail such as editing computer data
- Ability to hear and understand speech to interact with coworkers and clients on a routine basis
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially on a team
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Coursework in library and information science or work experience in libraries
- Experience using cloud information systems
- Experience entering and editing in a relational database such as a grants management system, customer/donor relationship management system, or a learning management system
- Experience creating, managing, and working with spreadsheets to analyze and manipulate data
- Experience working with state or federal grants or contracts
- Experience providing technical assistance to a constituent group
- Experience aggregating and correlating data for analysis, reporting, and marketing.
College transcripts required with application if claiming college credit
No supervisory responsibilities