Library Specialist Supervisor -- Maricopa Community Colleges -- Phoenix, AZ
Library Specialist Supervisor (Circulation) #314518
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm*
Summer Schedule: Summer Schedule 8am-6:30pm*
*Some evenings and weekends may be required
Calendar: 12 months
Hourly Rate: $20.46-$26.60
Posting Close Date: 10/23/2020
Do you want to work in an organization that is dedicated to helping a highly diverse student body succeed? At GateWay Community College, one of the 10 community colleges within the Maricopa County Community College District, join a team that is guiding approximately 12,000 students annually in the heart of the city of Phoenix.
Our academic offerings are diverse, with more than 150 degree programs to choose from. GateWay serves one of the most diverse student bodies within the district and is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution with over 46 percent indicating Hispanic heritage. More than half of our student population represents more than 40 countries, it's a vibrant community where various cultures are celebrated regularly. Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning - find your purpose. Join our community and make a difference.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy, productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community: single, married or in a domestic partnership; with or without children; new to the workforce; or getting ready to retire.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical including Teladoc
- Life Insurance
- ASRS Retirement
- Wellness Programs
- Tuition Waiver
- Professional Growth Funding
- Paid Leave Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays
This new and exciting Library Specialist Supervisor (Circulation) role will supervise library integrated services and oversees the daily operations of circulation, interlibrary loans and reserves, acquisitions, periodicals and library technology services. This role also supervises, manages, trains, and performs yearly evaluations for the Administrative Specialist, Library Specialist and temporary/student employees.
- 45% - Works collaboratively with the Library Division Chair to manage and oversee library access services including circulation, course reserves, materials processing, periodicals, and interlibrary loan processes. Responsible for debt/fine collections and complaint resolution. Provides customer service and responds to requests and complaints including the more complex complaints that are escalated or not resolved at a lower level; actively monitors the library floor and interacts with patrons to ensure that the library environment is conducive to study/learning; actively monitors the library facility to ensure that the facilities are clean, safe and usable and reports issues to Facilities department as needed.
- 40% - Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, trains, mentors, reviews and evaluates the work of staff and oversees daily operational activities in the provision of library integrated services. Knowledge of library management systems/automated library systems. Oversees and monitors quality control and assurance activities.
- 15% - Provides input and assists in developing, recommending and implementing operating policies, practices and work standards; assists with community outreach endeavors and the planning of events; compiles/reviews data and prepares routine and ad hoc reports, ensures adherence to workplace safety policies, procedures and practices including patron privacy per the American Library Association Professional code of ethics and performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from a regionally accredited institution in library science or any associate’s degree field, two (2) years of related library support experience such as oversight of daily operations of circulation, interlibrary loans and reserves, acquisitions, periodicals and library technology services and two years of lead work or senior level work experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years of related library support experience such as oversight of daily operations of circulation, interlibrary loans and reserves, acquisitions, periodicals and library technology services and two years of lead work or senior level work experience.
- An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
- Two or more years of recent (within the last one to three years) supervisory/management experience in a library
- One year of experience working the library
- Two years of recent experience (within the last one to three years) using an automated/integrated library system (ILS)
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced in the resume and cover letter
- Two years of recent experience (within the last one to three years) working with community members, faculty, staff and students in a high volume service area
- One year of experience providing customer service in a library or school setting
- One year of experience with community outreach and event planning
Special Working Conditions
- May require some evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25lbs
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
- Indicate whether full or part time experience for each position held.
- Three references, by current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Please apply directly on our site to posting #314518 at: www.maricopa.edu/about/careers
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
"Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
"The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act"