Branch Manager -- Waco-McLennan County Library -- Waco, TX
Branch Manager – South Waco Library
Are you creative, energetic, and innovative? Do you believe in the mission of libraries and want to share that enthusiasm with the public? Then the Waco-McLennan County Library wants you to join its team. We are searching for someone who is passionate about providing excellent library services to the people of Waco and excited about new challenges.
The Branch Manager works with the Library Director in furthering the library’s mission and accomplishing goals. The incumbent performs a variety of professional librarian duties including, but not limited to:
- Plan, organize, administer, and evaluate the operations activities of the branch, including facilities, equipment, and branch security issues.
- Oversee the preparation, administration, and expenditures of assigned branch budget.
- Supervise the Circulation and Reference staff in day-to-day operations, set schedules, and assign job tasks.
- Perform supervisory functions by: interviewing, selecting, training, evaluating, disciplining, developing, and terminating staff; providing staff with the resources, equipment, tools, and knowledge necessary to perform and improve services; and guides employee work efforts in being successful, creative, and resourceful.
- Interpret library policy concerning the circulation of library materials.
- Develop and maintain the collections by reviewing, evaluating, selecting, purchasing, and withdrawing materials.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons by assisting patrons with reference, readers’ advisory, and general computer questions.
- Tabulate daily collections, prepare bank deposits, and manage cash system.
- Gather, compile, evaluate, and analyze data for reports and prepare statistical and analytical report of branch activities and operations.
- Organize, maintain, and purchase appropriate supplies.
- Deal with patron complaints and problems patiently, decisively, and within the set policies.
- Develop, plan, administer and promote programs and services to community.
- Knowledge of and commitment to excellent customer service principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of library policies, procedures, services, and resources.
- Special knowledge of publishing trends, authors, titles, and reading interests of adults.
- Library classification, cataloging, and acquisition protocols.
- Collection development, evaluation, and reference principles.
- Developing and managing Library plans, budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Managing staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance.
- Identifying library collection issues and developing suggestions for enhancements.
- Ability to exercise initiative, leadership and independent judgment.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to interact with people of varying personalities and ages in a variety of situations.
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems, and resolve disputes and grievances.
- Education: Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Experience: Four years of professional librarian experience, including supervisory and program management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants must send resumes and apply online at the City of Waco website. www.waco-texas.com
MINIMUM SALARY: $54,189.20
Start Date – November 2020