Dean of University Libraries -- Tarleton State University -- Stephenville, TX
Job Title: Dean of University Libraries
Agency Tarleton State University
Responsible for the administration and coordination of all activities related to library services, physical space, collection development, budgeting, staffing, fundraising, information technology adoption, and strategic planning of its two principle divisions: User Services and Resource Management & Discovery. The Dean of University Libraries is the liaison between all university libraries and other academic and non-academic units of Tarleton State University. Serves as a Campus Security Authority (CSA); Work hours: Mon-Fri; 8 AM-5 PM or as work requirements indicate.
- 20% Collection Development: The Dean of University Libraries will oversee collection acquisition and development that will advance the research and teaching mission of Tarleton State University.
- 15% Budgeting: Sets and maintains a budget that reflects well-defined priorities. Functions as the chief fiscal officer by monitoring financial and managerial reporting to the benefit of all libraries and the university. The Dean of University Libraries is a strong advocate in seeking both internal and external resources in supplementing the budget and in supporting special projects.
- 15% Technology Services: The Dean of University Libraries is responsible for university-wide development of new technologies and the integration of technology into current library services.
- 10% Facilities Management: The Dean of University Libraries and library support services will provide facilities for all instructional sites and the global campus that support the mission of the university and continue to enhance all facilities as new technology and university growth warrants.
- 10% Professional Development: The Dean of University Libraries will maintain and enhance a record of scholarly and professional achievement, including active participation in professional organizations and will represent the university at large within the professional community.
- 10% Public Relations and Outreach: The Dean of University Libraries strongly advocates for university libraries in conduct and public relations activities within the university, the community, and beyond.
- 10% Staffing: The Dean of University Libraries is responsible for establishing effective working relationships among all library staff, both professional and para-professional. The Dean of University Libraries fosters a work environment that encourages professional growth through effective leadership, motivation and guidance. The Dean of University Libraries is also responsible for recruiting, developing, and evaluating employees.
- 5% Strategic Planning: The Dean of University Libraries is responsible for developing and executing the mission, goals, and objectives of the Tarleton Libraries. The Dean of University Libraries establishes meaningful, measurable goals for organizational accomplishment, assesses outcomes on an annual basis, and develops a culture of accountability among direct reports.
- 5% Performs other duties as assigned, including university committee assignments.
Required Education and Experience:
Doctoral degree in library or information sciences, or a related field. Ten years of experience in a college/university library, with progressively increasing responsibilities. Five years of supervisory experience. Successful fundraising experience, with a record of obtaining external funding.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.