Instructor of Library Services/Research & Instructional Services (Two openings) -- Northeastern State University -- Tahlequah, OK
Instructor of Library Services/Research & Instructional Services
PLEASE NOTE: There are two open positions for this job title. If you wish to be considered in both applicant pools, you must apply to both positions.
This position is assigned to the Research and Instructional Services Department.
- Serves as resource coordinator and liaison to assigned academic programs, departments, and colleges.
- Provides specialized reference assistance to researchers in assigned disciplines.
- Provides on-call reference assistance on a rotating schedule.
- Designs library guides and finding aids in assigned disciplines.
- Provides library instruction for general education courses and courses in assigned academic disciplines.
- Select monographs and databases for purchase in support of assigned academic programs, departments, and colleges.
- Participate on faculty committees as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Initiative in communication, diplomacy, understanding of academic culture, understanding vocabulary of particular academic disciplines.
- Knowledge of resources in specialized disciplines.
- Knowledge of resources in specialized disciplines, strong interviewing skills, online search skills.
- Broad knowledge of the academic universe.
- Basic Knowledge of the work of other library departments and of higher education more generally.
- Knowledge of resources in academic disciplines and skills in using specialized delivery interfaces such as Blackboard and LibGuides.
- Strong knowledge of information resources in assigned areas and ability to communicate and negotiate with teaching faculty.
- Knowledge of information retrieval strategies and information resources.
- Leadership skills consistent with supervising professionals.
- Mathematical skills and proficiency in applying university data.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- General knowledge of higher education.
- Requires a minimum of a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Science Library Science (MSLS), MA in Library Science (MA), or Master of Library Science (MLS). Must be accredited by the American Library Association.
- Two years minimum in professional experience in references librarianship, instructional librarianship, or library collection development.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the use of specialized bibliographic databases and references sources.
- Extensive use of Excel and formulas.
Salary commensurate with experience with excellent benefits package.
Projected hire date August 3, 2020
Applications accepted until July 15, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: Posting will close to applicants at 11:59 p.m. on the date above.