CARES Grants Coordinator - Temp through 09/30/2021 -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Library Development & Networking
Position Title: CARES Grants Coordinator - Temp through 09/30/2021
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00010222&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-18
Classification No. 1920/Grants Coordinator I
Job Posting No. 00010222
Monthly Salary: $3,812 - $4,851/Month
Date Job Available: Feb 01, 2020
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00010222&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields (No MOS) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Temporary Position through September 30, 2021
Performs routine (journey-level) project management work. This is a temporary appointment ending September 30, 2021. Serves as the program coordinator for the CARES grant program, a special project to assist libraries funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) in response to the COVID pandemic. in consultation with other LDN and TSLAC staff, will be responsible for program design and management, contract management, providing training and consulting to grantees, program evaluation, and maintaining a statewide presence for the programs. This position reports to the Division Director and Team Lead. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Coordinates the agency CARES grant programs
- Provides consulting services to libraries about the grant programs
- Provides training for grant programs
- Prepares required reports for grant programs
- Evaluates and promotes the grant programs.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- One year of experience working in a library, library system or library consortium.
- Experience in delivery of services and programming directly to clients.
- Experience in managing and evaluating programs.
- Experience with grant writing, grant research or grant administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, or similar software to process complex documents and spreadsheets.
- Experience interpreting and explaining statutes, administrative rules, and grant guidelines.
- Ability to write procedures and grant guidelines.
- Ability to synthesize raw data to formulate conclusions and write analytical reports.
- Experience as a grant program coordinator or administrator.
- Experience in negotiating creative solutions and resolving differences among groups, such as with local librarians, project staff, library board members, and local government officials.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other customer relationship or grant management (CRM) applications
- Professional work experience in library service, including but not limited to public service, reference, technical services or automation.
- Experience in public speaking, planning and conducting workshops or other training, and planning meetings.
- Submit complete college transcripts.
- Submit portfolio of writing samples, reports, or training materials.
- Applicants selected for interview will be required to make a 15-minute presentation on an assigned topic.
- Travel by airplane and personal auto required; estimate 10% of time.
- Occasional overtime work required.
None; reports to Team Lead and Division Director.