Part-Time Librarian -- Lone Star College - Kingwood -- Houston, TX
32292 Part-Time Librarian - Lone Star College-Kingwood
Purpose and Scope:
Promotes and supports student learning. Responsible for providing and disseminating information services in support of the college's mission to provide quality educational programs to a diverse student population. Position's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, personal and professional development, and institutional and community service. Reference services may include developing or acquiring instructional materials and providing assistance to the college community in the use of research technology and materials. Position contributes to the educational environment of the college by teaching information literacy and providing support for classroom learning.
Essential Job Functions:
- Instructs students, faculty, and other library users in accessing and using print, audio-visual, and electronic information resources
- Plans and develops a variety of instructional materials using appropriate technologies that will assist students in meeting their research needs
- Promotes the use of general and subject-oriented print and electronic research guides and other instructional materials
- Plans, organizes, and delivers research instruction and other programming
- Maintains a study atmosphere conducive to student learning
- Evaluates, acquires, and provides access to information resources in a variety of formats to support student learning
- Maintains professional working relationships with students, colleagues, and other library users
- Assists students and faculty by supporting specific programs or course research needs
- Provides reference assistance during the day, evenings, and weekends to meet student, faculty, and community research needs
- Interprets policies and procedures for library users
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Salary: Hourly Pay Rate is $25.16
Required: Master's degree in Library Science
- Minimum 3 years’ library experience in higher education, preferably at a community college
- Thorough knowledge of library automation systems, including circulation and acquisitions functions
How to Apply:
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
- We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
- Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
- If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.