Director of Library Operations -- Oklahoma Christian University -- Oklahoma City, OK
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time Director of Library Operations reporting to the Associate Chief Academic Officer.
- An ALA-accredited graduate degree in library and information science (MLIS or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in the field
- Proven knowledge and experience with automated integrated library systems, information management, and instructional technologies
- Effective problem solving, analytical, organizational skills and policy development experience preferred
- Effective supervisory experience; ability to build morale, facilitate teamwork, and delegate responsibility appropriately
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write and speak well in a variety of situations/venues
- Student service experience in an academic setting preferred
- Oversees all aspects of library operations, including collection development, analysis of the library collection, development of special collections, reference services, library research instruction, interlibrary loan, and circulation
- Oversees and develops library policies and procedures
- Prepares and monitors the library’s annual operating budget and capital expenditures
- Oversees preparation of accreditation and assessment reports
- Supervises the library staff and develops job descriptions
- Trains library employees as needed
- Coordinates professional development of the library staff
- Evaluates the library staff and librarians
- Serves as a liaison between the library faculty and administration
- Plans for the future development of the library
- Provides support for library services such as reference, instruction, and circulation as determined by need
- Fulfills responsibilities and commitments as stated in the Library Faculty and Faculty sections of OC’s Academic Policy Manual
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, pending a final funding determination. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.