Library Associate I - RAD -- Texas A&M University -- Commerce, TX
Job Title: Library Associate I - RAD
Agency: Texas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary: $36,000
Job Location: Commerce, Texas
Job Type: Staff
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
The Library Associate I, under general supervision, provides advanced customer support and performs complex library functions in one or more library units (Resource Acquisition and Discovery). May supervise subordinate staff and student employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advanced customer service support for library customers including virtual reference and chat venues. Responds to complex, non-routine resource questions as a subject matter expert.
- Provides support for complex questions in research resources and databases and instructs library customers on accessing an extensive range of library online catalogs, research guides, physical collections, and other electronic reference databases in various specialist areas of study.
- Creates and edits departmental publications. Reviews, evaluates, and updates complex, non-routine unit-specific and other databases as well as specialized applications.
- Handles complex interlibrary and document delivery requests.
- Resolves customer complaints and reviews fines and other payment or credit issues. Tracks and reconciles accounts and transactions as needed. Investigates and determines resolution of discrepancies. Posts charges and payments to accounts.
- Collects data for budget development.
- Develops custom reports based on department or unit needs.
- Participates in the management of library resources throughout their life cycle, including acquisitions (ordering and invoicing), access management, renewals, and cancellations. Maintains accurate order and invoice information in library services platform (Alma).
- Performs data cleanup, data analysis, assists with weeding process, and withdrawal of items from ILS (Alma). Compiles cost and usage data for continuing resources.
- Processes quotes, invoices, receipts and payments for library acquisitions, posts payments to ILS, updates acquisition and university systems (Mane Market/AggieBuy, Alma, etc.). Tracks and monitors payments and renewals in appropriate systems. Tracks funds in Canopy.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of usage and resource data, and provides reports for collection and budget management as needed.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Creates processes and workflows and monitors for efficiency. Analyzes and organizes operations and procedures.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Seven (7) years of related experience in a public or academic library or archive. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of email and complex and varied library online research database searches and/or processing.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team. Basic keyboarding skills. Maintain accurate records, follow through on tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move medium weight boxes, books, heavy book truck or similar items.
- Other Requirements: Ability to handle material which can contain dust or microscopic mold spores.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year of experience with purchasing or acquisitions (Mane Market/AggieBuy, FAMIS). Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word). Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping procedures and computerized purchasing systems.
- Working knowledge of ILS, ERM, discovery and access systems and software.
- Experience with ordering and receiving materials in a university or library setting.
- Experience with extracting statistics and generating reports in support of assessment efforts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise Student Workers and Graduate Assistants
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.