Communications Coordinator -- Texas A&M University -- Commerce, TX
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Agency: Texas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary: $55,000
Job Location: Commerce, Texas
Job Type: Staff
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
The Communications Coordinator, under general supervision, coordinates, develops, and implements a comprehensive communications program to include marketing, media, and publications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase the overall visibility of the library and enhance its reputation among both internal and external audiences by producing effective and engaging content about resources, services, programs, events, and collections.
- Researches, interviews, and writes articles for publication.
- Assures that print and web-based products conform to journalistic standards.
- Fields inquiries from the media and general public regarding departmental activities and publicity needs.
- Assists in special event planning and assists faculty and staff with publicity needs.
- Oversees the development and production of departmental website and publications (print, electronic, digital, social media, graphics, multimedia, etc.).
- Coordinates with marketing and communications on media relations.
- Oversees production schedules.
- Coordinates departmental strategic communications plan that is comprehensive and outcomes focused.
- Ensures style and branding guidelines established by Marketing and Communications are maintained. Ensures website architecture and content meet university, state, and government standards. Conducts accessibility audits, usability assessments and monitors usage and performance statistics to improve the user experience.
- Develops web content strategy for all library departments, coordinates messaging across multiple platforms, and ensures correct and accurate information.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of communications and/or marketing experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphic design applications. Knowledge of HTML and the web design production process.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. .. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move medium weight (20 pounds) boxes, books, heavy book truck or similar items.
- Other Requirements: Ability to handle material which can contain dust or microscopic mold spores.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business, library/information science (ALA-accredited), or other related area.
- Three (3) years of professional experience (post-bachelor/master’s degree).
- Proficiency with WordPress administration, HTML, CSS, PHP, social media marketing, graphic design, and photo editing software.
- Experience working in libraries or higher education environments.
- Experience with website assessment, responsive web design, and current accessibility and web standards. Experience with interpreting analytics and implementing changes for improvement of website architecture.
- Experience with marketing and communicating effectively across multiple formats. Experience with developing, implementing, and assessing communication, and marketing strategies.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: None
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.