Library Executive Director -- Freemont County Library System -- Lander, WY
Please share with anyone you know who may be interested
WLA posting: https://library.wyo.gov/news/jobs/
Description of the Job: Library Executive Director
The Fremont County Library Director's primary function is to plan, manage and direct operations, programs, services and personnel of the Fremont County Library System (FCLS). This position reports to and receives administrative direction from the Fremont County Library System Board of Directors (Board). The following is not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of duties, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. The Director may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties.
- Oversees and directs the Library’s operations including public services, technology, administration and facilities management.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality library programs and services to the community.
- Prepares agendas and discussion items for scheduled board meetings: serves as staff representative to the Board.
- Develops and administers, in conjunction with the Board, the annual operating and other budgets; monitors and authorizes expenditures.
- Establishes appropriate service levels and allocates resources including staffing.
- Oversees hiring, training, supervision, mentoring and monitoring the performance of the library staff in conjunction with the branch managers.
- Maintains, oversees, and develops policies in relation to the selection and purchase of all library materials.
- Develops positive relationships with the Fremont County Commissioners and other elected officials, outside agencies, community organizations and the media. Effective communication is a MUST with all stakeholders.
- Interprets and explains FCLS policies, procedures and programs to the public.
- Responds to inquiries involving library related matters; negotiates and resolves complex, sensitive and/or controversial issues and complaints.
- Directs, attends and participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences; serves on committees.
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovation in the field of public library management.
- Understands and implements federal, state and local regulations governing library operations.
- Understands and applies methods for evaluating public library programs, policies and operational requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
vManages the development and implementation of FCLS goals, priorities, policies, procedures and the strategic plan; ensures Board objectives are integrated into Library policies and goals.
vMonitors and evaluates service delivery methods and procedures; identifies and implements changes necessary to improve operational efficiency.
Certifications, Licenses: Valid Driver's License.
Working Environment: Minimal exposure to undesirable working conditions; work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Physical Activities: Moderate physical activity such as sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, and lifting an average of 25 lbs.
NOTE: Nothing in this position description should be construed as an employment contract
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited library program, and/or 5 or more years of progressively responsible public library experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary range: mid-$60,000s with a full benefits package per year
Required Application Submittals: Resume and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position of Director of the Fremont County Library System
All submissions should be sent electronically to Molly Herber at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can be contacted at email@example.com, 451 North 2nd Street, Lander, WY 82520 (307) 332-1600 ext. 4010; FAX 307-332-1504.
Open until filled.