Faculty, Librarian -- Lone Star College -- Kingwood, TX
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Faculty, Librarian (KC)
Purpose and Scope:
The librarian's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, personal and professional development, and institutional and community service. Reference services include developing or acquiring instructional materials and providing assistance to the community in the use of research and technology. Under the supervision of Library Director, provides appropriate professional reference and research and reader's advisory assistance. Develops and maintains assigned library collections; provides one-on-one and group instruction for library users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with the campus and system librarians to incorporate library-developed instructional tools into the online course management system
- Provides reader's advisory and reference services during the day, evenings, and weekends to meet student, faculty, and community research needs; Uses library catalog, the internet and databases to meet these needs
- Maintains the reference desk schedule, including the schedule for Library instructional classes
- Establishes annual objectives in consultation with supervisors
- Teaches students, faculty, and other library users to access and use print, audio-visual, and electronic information resources; Plans, organizes and delivers research instruction in ways that maximize student learning, information literacy and technology
- Promotes the use of general and subject-oriented print and electronic research guides and other instructional materials
- Evaluates, acquires, and provides access to information resources in a variety of formats to support student learning, and specific programs or courses
- Meets institutional service and professional development goals as determined in collaboration with dean/director
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
Required: Master's degree in Library Science/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.