Full-Time Librarian -- Angelina College -- Lufkin, TX
POSITION: Full-Time Librarian - Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- MLS or MLIS from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in a library including cataloging and using an integrated library system (ILS).
- Experience with office equipment and Microsoft Office.
- Two (2) or more years of full-time experience in an academic library.
- Experience with LibGuides, HTML, proprietary databases and ILS administration.
- Experience providing informational literacy training to individuals and groups.
- Current skills in a wide range of technologies common to academic librarianship.
- Knowledge of current trends in small academic libraries.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff and student population.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds,
including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute
to the mission of the college.
- Must be available to work evenings or weekends as required.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Learning Resources for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the library’s collection related activities;
- Maintain and update the library’s integrated library system (ILS);
- Collaborate with Lead Librarian in matters pertaining to acquisition and budgeting of all information resources;
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with vendors in the acquisitions process;
- Act as librarian in charge over circulation, printing, and patron inquiries during evening open hours or in the
absence of the Director of Learning Resources and Lead Librarian;
- Cultivate relationships with faculty to encourage use of the library’s resources and services;
- Participate in outreach activities to promote the Learning Resource Center’s services;
- Help foster open communication with other offices/departments of the College;
- Assist in maintaining a supportive and inclusive learning environment in the Learning Resource Center;
- Actively participate in outcomes-driven improvements identified through unit planning activities;
- Teach information literacy sessions in groups, individually and virtually, using a variety of formats;
- Assist in the preparation of reports as required; and
- Participate in professional development activities as appropriate.
vAssist students, faculty, and community members with research, reference requests, and other Service Desk inquiries;
Annual salary of $40,000 - $50,000, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY