Technical Services Manager - Library -- University of Texas of the Permian Basin -- Odessa, TX
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Please include all required documents with your submission. Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Job Title: Technical Services Manager - Library
Classification: Administrative & Professional
Apply here: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/login
This position is responsible for managing the library technical services department, as well as performing a variety of supervisory and operational duties involving collection development, library acquisitions, cataloging, and electric resources management.
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
- Overseeing all functions related to the library technical services department, including supervision of clerical staff, and student workers.
- Creating and enforcing the department's policies and procedures.
- Serving as the library's primary contact for the use and staff training of the Integrated Library System (ILS.)
- Overseeing the work area and daily tasks associated with library acquisitions, cataloging, and electronic resources management.
- Managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of library projects and services impacting library operations related to technical services.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt 12-month position and the work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee this schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the office.
Applicants must possess a Master's degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program and three years of library experience with working knowledge and skills related to collection development, library acquisitions, and electronic resources management.
It is important for applicants to have a documented work history that includes:
- Increased responsibility
- Work priority
- Handling multiple assignments
- Meeting deadlines
- Working with confidential information
Applicants are also expected to function at an expert level using various University and library systems, and with minimal supervision.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is committed to providing equal employment and education opportunities free from illegal discrimination and ensures this commitment to nondiscrimination by informing employees and students of their rights and responsibilities, conducting fair and timely complaint investigations, and acting as an overall resource to employees and students. The University is an equal opportunity employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
Posting Number: S189P
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
- All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
- Please include all required documents with your submission.
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.