Access Services Librarian -- University of Texas of the Permian Basin -- Odessa, TX
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Please include all required documents with your submission. Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Position Information: Job Title Access Services Librarian
Classification: Administrative & Professional
Apply here: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/login
This position prioritizes a user-centered approach to all aspects of access services and leads a holistic approach to improving user experience for the library. Facilitation of access to the collection, reference, and instruction services are a main goal, as well as assisting patrons in the use of the library’s resources and services. The position also requires the handling of circulation, inter-library loan, reserves, and stacks maintenance.
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinating all Access Services functions and communicates and enforces the department's policies and procedures.
- Resolving problems concerning service, borrower eligibility, and copyright responsibility.
- Managing resource sharing including inter-library loan, reciprocal borrowing, and document delivery.
- Managing the course reserve collection with support from Library Specialists.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in policy, practices, and technologies as they pertain to access services, information literacy, inter-library loan, document delivery, user experience, and academic librarianship in general.
- Maintaining statistics describing access services and assists the Head of Public Services in the preparation of various reports using those statistics.
- Coordinating the work area and daily tasks associated with the automated circulation systems involved in controlling delinquencies and fines.
- Managing all tasks involving the borrowing and lending of materials from other institutions.
- Overseeing stack maintenance that includes re-shelving, inventory projects, and general participation in the weeding process.
- Providing regular training sessions for Student Assistants.
- Conducting performance evaluations according to the University policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt 12-month position and the work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee this schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the office.
Applicants must possess a Master's degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program. Three years of library experience that includes a broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to college library reference and serials service, processes of inter-library loan, and computerized reference systems are also necessary for this position.
Applicants should be able to fulfill the following requirements:
- The ability to deliver and prioritize excellent customer service.
- Supervisory and training experience.
- Proficiency with computers and electronic access technologies.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is committed to providing equal employment and education opportunities free from illegal discrimination and ensures this commitment to nondiscrimination by informing employees and students of their rights and responsibilities, conducting fair and timely complaint investigations, and acting as an overall resource to employees and students. The University is an equal opportunity employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
Posting Number: S189P
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
- All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
- Please include all required documents with your submission.
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.