Information Technology Director -- Tulsa City-County Library -- Tulsa, OK
The Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL) has a new opening for an experienced leader in the field of Information Technology. TCCL is now accepting applications for an Information Technology Director who will lead the current and long-range direction of technology aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change. This key role will provide information technology solutions and services that are attuned to both customer and staff technology needs. The IT Director will develop and implement strategic vision and directives for the operating needs of technology at TCCL, including annual and long-term plans for budget, personnel, and work space. The IT Director has system-wide impact, providing valuable input about both current IT services and the expansion, improvement and evolution of those services.
The IT Director will be a member of the Library Executive Team collaborating to form policies, assess technology, and ensure that the community’s needs are appropriately met by effective program development and other technology based platforms. This role will report to the CEO and will have a 12 month introductory/training period.
The best qualified candidates will exhibit strong knowledge of current best practices in all areas of responsibility with special attention to technology infrastructure, computational resources, staff and customer support. This will be an innovative and seasoned professional who desires to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Job qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred;
- 7 years of IT experience with an emphasis on IT infrastructure;
- 3 years of senior level leadership experience providing supervision, coaching and mentoring to information technology professionals;
- Demonstrated experience supporting technology infrastructure services in a complex environment;
- Experience in managing and negotiating vendor contracts and agreements with end users, service providers and regulatory agencies;
- Experience working with Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs);
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of IT, and an in-depth understanding of Microsoft operating systems and Office applications, UNIX, Linux, and Cisco.
Competitive pay and a full benefit package (medical, dental, retirement, paid time off) are offered with this position.
Please apply on the Tulsa City-County Library Career's page: http://www.tulsalibrary.org/careers