Member Discount Services (MDS)/Trans-Amigos Express (TAE) Supervisor -- Amigos Library Services -- Dallas, TX
Amigos Library Services (Amigos) is looking to fill the position of Member Discount Services (MDS)/Trans-Amigos Express (TAE) Supervisor. Read the description of this exciting opportunity and how to apply for this position below.
This position works closely with the Head, Member Discount Services and Courier assisting in the management of the MDS program by coordinating activities with member libraries, vendor partners, and staff. The MDS/TAE Supervisor provides management support at meetings, conferences, trade shows, and events. This position is responsible for management of the daily activities of the Trans-Amigos Express courier program, providing guidance and supervision to staff to meet contractual obligations. The MDS/TAE Supervisor acts as primary liaison with connecting courier partners in Kansas and Missouri and leads monthly service meetings with the Amigos courier provider.
This position reports to the Head, Member Discount Services and Courier.
This position is located in the Dallas office of Amigos Library Services. Work-related travel is required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years progressively responsible experience in libraries or library service organizations
- Knowledge of interlibrary loan (ILL) processes
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Professional library experience in an academic or public library environment
- Experience in courier or physical delivery methods
- Experience in collection development/acquisitions
- At least one year of supervisory experience
Required Education - Bachelor's degree
Preferred Education - Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university.
Amigos is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to serving libraries of all types and sizes. Learn more about us at www.amigos.org.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019. No phone calls please.