Librarian, Technical Services -- College of the Mainland -- Texas City, TX
Librarian, Technical Services
College of the Mainland is seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible for performing various professional duties in support of library services for students, faculty and staff. See more details and apply online: https://jobs.com.edu/hr/postings/1782
Education & Experience
ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science and two (2) years of professional library experience. Three years’ experience in library technical services in a higher education academic setting preferred; professional experience with Alma/Primo preferred; experience instructing students, staff and faculty in use of library resources preferred; experience with Blackboard, LibGuides, LibAnswers, social media preferred.
Salary Range - $51,973 to $70,164
- Administers the library ILS. Performs system implementation, technical support, and user training/support for the library’s online Integrated Library System. Library contact with Ex Libris, Library of Congress and other cataloging agencies, as needed.
- Original cataloging of new materials and assisting copy cataloger as needed. Identify and download records from OCLC (CatExpress) and other sources. Assign Library of Congress Subject headings and call numbers as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of COM Library holdings in OCLC World Cat; Library contact and liaison for OCLC WorldCat.
- Participates in reference services for students, faculty and staff in person and online, including virtual reference such as LibAnswers and the Blackboard embedded Virtual Librarian program.
- Participates in library instruction to students, faculty and staff in person and online in library instruction classes and the library web site such as LibGuides, collaborating with faulty as needed.
- Participates in writing and managing grants when relevant and appropriate.
- Participates in professional development and continuing education activities.
- Participates in library organizations and serves on college committees as appropriate.
- Participates with maintaining current library guide content and promoting library resources in a variety of ways, including social media and more.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May be required to work some nights and/or Saturday morning (9-1) as needed.