Outreach and Instruction Librarian -- Del Mar College -- Corpus Christi, TX
INSTRUCTOR OR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, OUTREACH AND INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN
Apply for this Job: https://dmcjobs.delmar.edu/postings/13808/pre_apply
Posting Number: F0180
This position is open to: Open to All Applicants
Job Title: INSTRUCTOR OR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, OUTREACH AND INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN
Position Title/Rank: TBD
Department: Learning Resources
Position Type: Faculty
Employment Status: Full-Time-Faculty
Salary: Minimum $62,129.33 per 12 months
Open Date: 09/24/2019
Close Date: 10/08/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Effective Date of Employment: 11/01/2019
Job Description Summary
The Outreach and Instruction Librarian is responsible for coordinating library outreach to academic departments and to the community. This position coordinates the development of content, training, and assessment in library instruction and develops, promotes, implements, maintains, and evaluates library services for distance education and dual enrollment students and faculty.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Commitment to the Del Mar College and Learning Resources visions and missions.
- Experience with, or training in, traditional reference materials and equipment and automated library information systems.
- Experience with or knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to operate desktop computers, standard computer software programs, the internet, electronic resources, and online service delivery technology.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in an often rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel to other campuses and dual enrollment instructional sites.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of library experience at the professional level.
- Two (2) years experience providing reference services at the professional level.
- Two (2) years experience providing information literacy instruction, both in-person and online, at the professional level.
- One (1) year experience assessing library services.
- One (1) year experience performing library outreach.
- Recent academic library experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a security-sensitive position. Employment resulting from this advertisement is subject to federal laws that require the verification of identity and the legal right to work in the United States. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background and reference checks. The College reserves the right to cancel or extend all recruitment actions. Del Mar College is an AA/EO employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The College is committed to diversity in its workforce.
- Coordinates the development of content and training in library instruction.
- Coordinates the assessment of library instruction.
- Coordinates library outreach efforts; engages with campus stakeholders to enhance awareness and usage of library resources and services.
- Coordinates the library’s presence at campus outreach events, including campus orientations and new student events.
- Collaborates with other college units in support of student success, diversity, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
- Coordinates district-wide services to distance education and dual enrollment library users to include the creation, evaluation, and deployment of related information products and services; training Del Mar College and school district librarians in related services; and cultivating professional working relationships with related departments in the college and partner school districts.
- Travels to dual enrollment school district sites to meet with school district staff, test access to Del Mar College library resources, and provide information literacy instruction and other services.
- Coordinates planning, implementation, marketing, and assessment of the library’s physical and virtual distance education and dual enrollment instructional program and services.
- Systematically assesses distance education and dual enrollment student and faculty information services needs.
- Works closely with eLearning and library staff to ensure that library services for distance education are integrated and patron-friendly.
- Provides information services, assistance, and training to library patrons in person, by phone, and through the use of virtual reference technology.
- Serves as library collection development liaison to assigned departments and assists in developing and maintaining the physical and online collections and services.
- Develops, promotes, implements, participates in, maintains and helps evaluate library programs and services.
- Creates and maintains subject guides and related subject-specific electronic resources.
- Participates in a variety of committees as assigned.
- Participates in library programming planning and events.
- Meets with supervisor on a regular basis.
- Maintains a professional knowledge of library and information science; stays current in developments of specific job related fields.
- Builds and maintains good public/working relationships with coworkers, students, faculty and staff.
- Submits reports as needed.
- Works nights and weekends as necessary.
- Travels to other campuses as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as needed.