Public Services Librarian -- Texarkana Public Library -- Texarkana, TX
The Texarkana Public Library seeks a service oriented person to promote a love of reading to the community, and capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patrons, employees, and community agencies.
- instruction of library databases and reference, including genealogy, for patrons in person, by phone, through email and social media
- collection maintenance and development
- planning and coordination of adult and teen programming and services
- writing news releases and publicity for programming and preparation of in-house promotional materials
- planning and maintenance of display exhibits and bibliographies to promote the circulation of materials
The position requires a Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited institution, or current enrollment in an ALA accredited institution
- familiarity with library automation systems (Symphony) and knowledge of core library service operations, practices and principles are required.
- supervisory experience preferred.
- ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- social media proficiency
- requires working at least one (1) evening per week and one (1) weekend per month.
- Valid state (AR/TX) driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
Salary is $42,120, with benefits package of health, life and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and TMRS retirement.
Applications taken until position is filled.
Submit a letter of application, resume, transcripts, and the names of (3) three professional references to: Jennifer Strayhorn, Director, Texarkana Public Library, 600 W. Third St., Texarkana, TX 75501. Email: email@example.com