Library Systems Administrator -- Eastern New Mexico University -- Portales, NM
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 08/22/19
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
POSITION NUMBER: #2019-00130
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
Under minimal direction, perform a variety of duties of a complex nature within established policies and procedures in direct support of an academic library operation exercising considerable judgment and initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains 140+ journal and other library resource databases, continually monitoring ease of accessibility and user statistics of all databases for 3 campuses.
- Maintains library web pages, assuring up to date, accurate information
- Assures that the integrated library systems: Catalog, Library Guides, Inter- Library Loan Software and authentication systems, are operating efficiently linking all three campuses.
- May provide reference assistance to patrons some evenings.
- Trouble shoots library computers and other electronic equipment during evening hours.
- Maintains and updates library computer services, working with database vendors and university IT department.
- Supervises all phases of the Golden Student Success Center 15-20 hours per week.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates departmental student assistants.
- Assists in the planning, direction and coordination of the operations of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree and three years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform routine and complex technical tasks rapidly and accurately
- Ability to understand and convey procedures and established regulations
- Skill in making and using sound judgments and decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Skill in information technology equipment and software
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed inside during scheduled hours
- Work is sedentary in nature with 20 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Work requires talking; reaching and handling objects with the use of the arms and fingers; and hearing and seeing
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's nondiscrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575)562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator . New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to Patrice.firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu
ENMU is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its programs, activities, or employment. Anyone seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer, ENMU Station 21, Portales, NM 88130.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.enmu.edu
1500 S. Ave. K, Station 21
Portales, NM 88130