Business Outreach Specialist -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
BUSINESS OUTREACH SPECIALIST
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
300 NORMAN CENTER COURT
NORMAN, OK 73072
POSITION: Business Outreach Specialist
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 9, ($3360/mo)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time position, 40 hr/wk. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, including up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: August 12 through August 26, 2019
Coordinates and oversees outreach services to customers and the business community, works under the direction of the Regional Coordinator. Working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Three years related experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, experience and/or education may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Elements of best business practices, management and supervision;
- Reference search techniques, programming techniques and collection development for business services;
- Skills in written and spoken communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library customers, branch and system staff;
- Ability to speak before groups and present facts or opinions in a clear and concise manner in written and spoken communication;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 ½ feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Applications accepted through August 26, 2019. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506 or by email, email@example.com.
Inspiring innovation, engagement and learning in our communities.