Library Services and Technology Trainer -- Amigos Library Services -- Dallas, TX
Provide education and support for libraries in the areas of public service, programming and outreach, and library technology. Duties include developing, conducting, and assessing training courses and presentations on public services, programming and outreach, and library technology; monitoring current and emerging regional, national, and international trends and practices in public services, programming and outreach, and technology; and coordinating the operations of the AskAcademic chat reference cooperative.
This position reports to the Continuing Education Services Manager.
Amigos Library Services has offices located in St. Louis and Dallas. Remote work options are possible with this position. Some work-related travel will be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 years related professional experience in public services, programming and outreach, and/or library technology.
- 1 – 3 years of teaching, training, or instruction experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current library trends and practices in public services, programming and outreach, and library technology.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Considerable ability in oral, listening, and written communication.
- Professional library experience in an academic or public library environment.
- Experience developing and implementing library programming and outreach events.
- Experience coordinating library technology initiatives.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university.
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV, and references to Jodie Borgerding, Continuing Education Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30. No phone calls, please.