CC Librarian, Lg -- Dona Ana Community College -- Las Cruces, NM
Dona Ana Community College (DACC) is a comprehensive, learning-centered community college dedicated to a diverse population of learners in support of student success, workforce and economic development and lifelong learning. Established in 1973 at the request of the Gadsden, Hatch and Las Cruces school boards, DACC continues to meet the educational needs of county residents by providing instruction leading to associate degrees and technical certificates as well as community and adult education opportunities. As the second largest community college in the state, DACC offers accessible and affordable higher education opportunities to more than 18,000 students annually with eight learning sites county-wide. As part of New Mexico State University, DACC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with supervision and provision of all aspects of library operations, including public services, reference, circulation, reserves, and inter/intra-library loan (using integrated library system) for two campus libraries and satellite campuses.
- Train and supervise non-exempt staff and student employees including semester trainings and one-on-one student training.
- Play leadership role in planning and implementing the library’s college-wide information literacy initiative, to include: creating online information literacy tutorials and user guides; collaborating with faculty to integrate information literacy into the curriculum; providing information literacy instruction and library orientation sessions; providing multi-level reference assistance and offering subject-specific workshops and seminars.
- Create tools to assess information literacy learning outcomes and overall effectiveness of library services.
- Support Canvas classes and other distance learning modalities by providing online and telephone reference assistance.
- Develop web content for class, reference and general information assistance purposes.
- Develop marketing campaigns and activities to promote library resources and services.
- Provide leadership and assistance in identifying and achieving strategic goals and relating to public services and the Library and Learning Technology Division overall.
- Serve on relevant college committees and represent the Library and Learning Technology Division at internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Manage Library Website and its related content, e.g. Libguides and social media accounts
- Develop Library Web presence in consultation with Virtual Learning & Instructional Technologies department, Computer Support and other Library stakeholders
- Troubleshoot database and other e-resource access problems
- Provide e-tutoring and research assistance within selected online courses to promote critical thinking and research skills in the “Across the Curriculum” initiatives
- Manage Virtual Reference Service to provide reference and research assistance online
- Other duties as assigned: committee work; required participation in professional development activities, occasional week-end and/or evening work, travel, etc.
- Experience interacting with or serving online user populations in an academic setting
- Experience with Canvas or other LMS software
- Provision of online reference via online chat, email, or other method
- Development of website content, e.g. WordPress
- Creation of Libguides content
- Experience with online embedded librarianship
- Work with Camtasia, Captivate or similar e-learning content system
- Management of e-resources e.g. Ebooks
- Work with EZProxy or similar authentication software
Target Hourly/Salary Rate Salary: $41,820
This is a full‐time benefits eligible position.
Job Posting Closes: 08/28/2019
For a complete job announcement and to apply for position, please visit http://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/35947
The electronic application is the official document that will be used to qualify applicants. Paper/email documents will not be accepted.
NMSU/DACC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer