Liaison Librarian to Graduate Health Sciences -- University of Texas at Tyler -- Tyler, TX
Institution: The University of Texas at Tyler
Location: Tyler, TX
Category: Admin - Libraries
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Salary: 3750.00 USD Per Month, $45,000 per year
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Earliest Start Date: 09/01/2019
Salary: $3,750.00 per month
Hours per Week: 40.00 Standard 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hiring Department: Library
Required Application Materials
A resume, letter of Interest, and a list of 3 professional references is required in order to apply. Please combine all documents into one prior to uploading.
Purpose of Position
Provides research, curriculum and clinical information support to the Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy and graduate programs in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Duties include serving as liaison to these departments, providing information and education services to students and faculty, performing committee work within and outside the library, providing on-call coverage of the information desk, and participating in collection development and assessment with an emphasis on health science resources.
- Proactively communicate with on-campus and distance constituencies about library services and resources
- Provide research and reference services to constituencies
- Provide on-call general reference support
- Develop instructional programs addressing evidence-based practice, library resources, information literacy and critical thinking skills; promote same to faculty
- Solicit feedback from faculty regarding research needs and assessment of potential new resources
- Participate in library assessment
- Evaluate collections for weeding or retention
- Create LibGuides and develop familiarity with other Springshare products as needed
- Participate collegially in library and university meetings and committees
- Participate in relevant professional organizations, attend meetings and present at conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- ALA accredited Master's degree (or equivalent)
- Recent graduates welcome to apply
- Undergraduate study in life sciences
- Experience working in a library, especially in an area related to health sciences in a public service role
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with health science electronic resources (MEDLINE, CINAHL, Lexicomp, Micromedex, etc)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Evidence of effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Evidence of collegiality and flexibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse populations
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for technologies
- Public speaking and teaching skills
- Strong commitment to public service
- May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Contact: The University of Texas at Tyler
Online App. Form: https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLO...
The University of Texas at Tyler is and Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.