Records Center Supervisor -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: State and Local Records Management
Position Title: Records Center Supervisor
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-17
Classification No. 1580 - Program Supervisor I
Job Posting No. 00005261
Monthly Salary: $3,250 - $3,400 /Month
Date Job Available: July 01, 2019
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00005261&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 357; 9970; 360; 02; 3A or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InformationT...
Performs routine (journey-level) administrative and supervisory work for the records center operations of the State and Local Records Management program. Primary responsibility for overseeing the daily activities of records center staff, evaluating staff and coordinating the workflow of the records center operations. Assists the Manager in developing program guidelines, policies and procedures. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Coordinates storage management activities to ensure customer compliance with records center rules, methods, and specifications
- Oversees the work and training of assigned program staff
- Performs administrative support activities to ensure the protection and efficient access to stored state records
- Serves as records center services liaison to customer agencies and State Library staff
- Assists in the disposal of state records according to the required legal process and technical details of agency policy
- Serves as secondary safety officer and facilities manager for the Records Center
- Performs related work as assigned
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures
- High School or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a clerical office work environment
- One year of experience with spreadsheets and word processing applications
- One year of public contact experience
- Experience as a supervisor or team lead
- Knowledge of office management principles and administrative practices
- Knowledge of records inventory methods and procedures
- Knowledge of state laws governing the handling of government records
- Ability to supervise, train, and schedule the work of employees
- Ability to work independently and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, supervised staff and clients
- Ability to implement records center systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness
- Ability to speak and write clear, well organized, and grammatically correct English
- Ability to effectively interpret the records center services program and plans, especially to customer agencies
- Ability to climb an 11-step ladder with a standard records center box weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage computations
- Ability to work under stress of meeting deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree with courses in records and/or information management, business administration, or related
- Supervisory experience in a warehouse or factory environment
- Experience working in a records storage center or in a records management function for a state agency
- Experience safely operating a forklift, ½ ton delivery van or larger truck
- Experience with the Infolinx inventory system
- Experience administering Texlinx system
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in a work environment
- College transcripts required if applicable
- Valid Texas Class C Operator License and a good driving record Driving record will be checked
- Criminal history check required
- Will be tested on ability to safely climb an 11-step ladder and pull a 30 pound box and carry it down the ladder the back up the ladder and put it back in place.
- In basket writing test will be administered following the interview