Inclusive Services Consultant -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Library Development & Networking
Position Title: Inclusive Services Consultant
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-20
Classification No. 7404/Librarian IV
Job Posting No. 00005267
Monthly Salary: $3,763 - $4,666 /Month
Date Job Available: August 01, 2019
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00005267&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields (No MOS) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Performs advanced, senior-level library work. The Inclusive Services Consultant takes a leadership role to ensure Texas librarians are knowledgeable about, and have resources to engage their community in implementing inclusive, equitable services to all members of their diverse communities. The Inclusive Services Consultant also serves as the project lead for statewide and national initiatives and projects relating to inclusive services. Coordinates project goals with other division/agency programs. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, present, and evaluate a statewide program of continuing education addressing priorities and initiatives relating to providing inclusive, equitable services to diverse communities.
- Develop partnerships with other state and local agencies and organizations that serve diverse communities.
- Consult with Texas librarians, library boards, and interested citizens in the area of inclusive services.
- Maintain a variety of resources for assigned projects via agency web site, blog, and a variety of social media.
- Attend work regularly and in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program.
- One year public services experience in libraries.
- Two years work experience planning and/or delivering services to clients.
- One year of experience using a variety of software applications including standard desktop applications.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to teach online and in-person and to speak before groups.
- Ability to work well with individuals and groups internally and at other organizations.
- Ability to take initiative in areas of responsibility as part of statewide library development team.
- Experience in design and delivery of training.
- Work experience as a professional librarian.
- Work experience in the area(s) of outreach or community engagement with diverse communities.
- Work experience in support of statewide initiatives.
- Experience or formal education in one or more of the following: adult education, continuing education, consulting, staff development, community outreach or engagement.
- Experience working in or with different types of libraries or library consortia.
- Work experience with a variety of online tools and applications (e.g. social media, web content management systems, blogs, survey tools).
- Experience with online meeting software and learning management systems (e.g. GoToWebinar, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Moodle).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects including analysis of outcomes data to formulate conclusions and guide direction of future programs and services.
- Experience creating or managing partnerships.
- Bilingual- Spanish
- Regular travel (25%) by automobile and airplane. Some evening and weekend work required; may extend beyond 40-hour work week.
- Provide copies of complete undergraduate and graduate college transcripts.
- Submit portfolio of writing samples, including any Web pages or training materials.
- Applicants selected for interview will make a 15-minute presentation on an assigned topic.
No supervisory responsibilities. Reports to Manager, Continuing Education & Consulting.