Information Services Manager -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
INFORMATION SERVICES MANAGER
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
NORMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
225 N. WEBSTER
NORMAN, OK 73069
POSITION: Department Manager – Information Services Department
BEGINNING SALARY: Compensation based on education, qualifications & experience:
MLIS Preferred (Grade 12): $50,520/yr or
BA/BS REQUIRED (Grade 9): $40,320/yr
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full time position, 40 hrs/wk. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: Open Until Filled – Interviews beginning the week of June 3rd
Plans, organizes and manages the activities, staff and services of the Information Services Department; provides outstanding and high-level customer service to all customers; working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products. Works under the direction of the Norman Branch Manager; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- MLIS degree from a graduate school accredited by the American Library Association preferred;
- Three years relevant library or related experience;
- Three years supervisory experience preferred;
- Equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures for public library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and public;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective library programs;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Open Until Filled – Interviews beginning the week of June 3rd. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org - click Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, email@example.com.