Assistant Library Director -- Rogers Public Library -- Rogers, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Library Director, responsible for professional and supervisory work in planning, implementing and managing a comprehensive program of library services for all ages with an emphasis in Adult Services in accordance with the Library's mission, vision, and strategic plan as necessary for the effective operation of the Library. Acts as Director in the Director's absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and participates in a comprehensive program for all ages with an emphasis on Adult Services, including community outreach. Delegates appropriately to other staff. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
- Serves on the Library Leadership team who under the direction of the City, the Library Board of Trustees and Library Director define expectations and works for staff performance and set goals for services and programming. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
- Supervises staff, creating and leading a team environment and empowering the team to effectively direct day-to-day operations of Adult Services. Provides effective direction to ensure objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner. Manages employee performance and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local laws, and regulations, and library policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
- Establishes and maintains effective and productive working relationships with library staff and the public. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining a reliable and accurate adult materials collection in a variety of formats that meets the diverse needs of the community (may assign areas of the collection to others). This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
- Participates in staff hiring, coaching, evaluations, and dismissal. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Assists in the development of short-term and long-range goals and objectives for the Library. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Coordinates activities of Adult Service Department, orientation of new staff members and development and implementation of library and departmental policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
- Acts as Library Director in his or her absence. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget both City funds and grants, including adult materials, programming, etc. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Provides quality customer service for library patrons, e.g. reference assistance, technological assistance, reader's advisory, etc. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
- Compiles, reviews, and interprets statistical data with adult departmental reports submitted to library director monthly. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Analyzes community library needs and following current library trends, develops new ideas designed to promote the Library's community position and provide events and opportunities to the community to meet those needs. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Addresses patron comments and complaints; enforces library policies, and responds to emergencies and situations that may me stressful and/or unpleasant. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate degree (M.B.A., M.A., etc), plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please see full job description and apply online at http://www.rogersar.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=98&From=All&CommunityJobs=Fal.... Please include a resume.
For questions please call Judy Casey at email@example.com.