Cataloger/Systems Librarian -- Temple College -- Temple, TX
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $49,800 - $52,300 Annually
Salary Grade: Professional Level 5
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Location: 2600 S. 1st St. Temple, TX 76502
To apply: Please go to https://templejc/peopleadmin.com
Provide original and copy cataloging of library acquisitions in a variety of formats using appropriate national standards such as AACR2, RDA, MARC, LC Subject Headings and LC Classification and local practices. Maintain authority control of the library database. Responsible for the management of the library integrated library system (ILS) (currently ExLibris Voyager) including technical support, problem solving and staff training. Responsible for ILS upgrades and customization. Assist with collection development. Provide reference assistance as needed. Oversee migration from ExLibris Voyager to OCLC WorldShare Management Services platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of the library's integrated library system (ILS); currently ExLibris Voyager.
- Oversee and perform ILS upgrades and customizations.
- Responsible for ILS technical support, problem solving and staff training.
- Provide original and copy cataloging of library acquisitions in a variety of formats using appropriate national standards.
- Identify and resolve errors in online catalog, such as correcting bibliographic records and maintaining uniformity of subjects and series titles.
- Maintain Authority Control of the library database.
- Oversee migration to OCLC WorldShare Management Services Platform.
- Delete discarded/weeded titles from the integrated library system.
- Re-catalog materials, as appropriate to provide better organization, discovery and access.
- Track and compile electronic resource usage statistics for required reports.
- Place and remove holds on patron accounts as needed in the Voyager and Datatel systems and perform routine tasks on those systems.
- Assist with collection development.
- Work collaboratively and effectively both as a team member and independently and to promote teamwork among colleagues.
- Perform reference desk duties.
- Perform circulation desk duties.
- Oversee the addition and organization of materials in the college archive collection.
- Develop and execute archival-based displays in the library and other locations on campus as required.
- Participate in the development and achievement of annual library goals and objectives.
- Keep current with modifications to library and college policies and procedures; attend training as necessary to adjust to changes.
- Participate in college committees and councils; attend meetings and commencement ceremonies as required.
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by the Division Director, Learning Resources.
Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform workflow analysis.
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate patron information needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, bit orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide reference services.
- Ability to use and assist others with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to track, compile and interpret library resource usage statistics; generate required reports.
- Ability to place and remove holds in the student information system.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends are needed.
- Ability to perform reference duties.
- Ability to perform circulation duties.
- Ability to evaluate library holdings.