Department Manager–Circulation Department -- Pioneer Library System -- Moore, OK
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
MOORE PUBLIC LIBRARY
225 S. HOWARD
MOORE, OK 73160
POSITION: Department Manager – Circulation Department
BEGINNING SALARY: Compensation based on education, qualifications & experience:
MLIS Preferred: $50,520/yr or
BA/BS REQUIRED: $40,320/yr
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full time position, 40 hrs/wk. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: Open Until Filled – First application review begins February 4th
Plans, organizes and manages the activities, staff and services of the Circulation Department; provides outstanding and high-level customer service to all customers; working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products. Works under the direction of the Moore Branch Manager; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- MLS or MLIS degree from a graduate school accredited by the American Library Association preferred;
- Three years relevant library or related experience;
- Three years supervisory experience preferred;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education, and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures for public library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and public;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective library programs;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Open Until Filled – First application review begins February 4th. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org - click Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506.