Library Executive Director -- University of Houston-Clear Lake -- Houston, TX
The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and overall administration of the university libraries including strategic, operational and financial matters. The Executive Director has responsibility for the libraries’ relationship with university administration, UH System libraries, UHCL shared governance, the university community, and local community partners.
- Provide effective leadership to library staff to collectively achieve and assess the library’s strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that the libraries stay up-to-date with changes in technology, communication, instruction, outreach and the storage and delivery of information.
- Effectively plan and manage the financial resources of the libraries to meet evolving student and faculty needs.
- Provide continuous improvement of library facilities and spaces.
- Support intellectual inquiry by aligning library services with advances in research, instructional delivery, curriculum development and academic study.
- Provide leadership that invites collaboration, encourages teamwork, promotes diverse perspectives and values transparency.
- Effectively manage professional and support staff including hiring, motivating, training, developing and evaluating the job performance of employees.
- Guide the continuing evolution of the libraries’ physical and digital collections to support the scholarly pursuits of students and faculty.
- Foster a productive, energetic and service-oriented workplace environment.
- Master’s in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- A minimum of ten years of recent library experience with five years in progressively responsible administrative positions.
- Minimum of five years in an academic library administrative position.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of all aspects of academic libraries.
- Understanding of integrated library digital technologies, open educational resources, and institutional repositories.
- Highly-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills using a team-building and consensus management style.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of success in grant writing and in gaining internal and external funding.
- Additional master’s degree or doctorate.
- A record of successful implementation of digital technologies in academic library.
Full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Background check required. To apply, please complete the online application at www.uhcl.edu/jobs and attach a cover letter and resume.
UHCL is an AA/EOE.