Public Service Librarian-Gov Docs -- Eastern New Mexico University -- Portales, NM
Under limited direction, plan, develop, and direct the operation of a Federal and State Documents depository and provides related reference services for the University and general public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and supervise the operation of a selective U.S. Documents Depository and New Mexico State Documents Depository
- Develop and maintain indexing and accessing services for depository materials
- Work with faculty of assigned disciplines in developing subject areas of the collection
- Provide reference service to library patrons on an occasional basis
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
A master's degree in Library Science and a minimum of two years experience directly related to the duties specified is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all facets of library operations
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and oversee the operations of an information service activity
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed during normal work hours with some evening and weekend hours
- Work is sedentary in nature with 20 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Work requires handling of objects with hands or fingers, talking or hearing, and seeing
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu